I recently discovered overnight oats and I love the concept. Basically you mix together equal parts of oats and milk, add whatever you want to it, stick it in the fridge overnight and eat in the morning. This is why it's such a perfect university-student breakfast. No fuss, little clean up, FREAKIN' DELICIOUS. It's such a comforting, creamy and rich breakfast. Some people have asked me if it isn't weird to eat cold oatmeal. It's not weirder than my roommate drinking water out of a measuring cup. But she enjoys it, and so will you enjoy this oatmeal... probably. LOL I can compare it to the feeling of eating cold cereal, but better. Besides, who can resist chocolate chips in the morning?
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
- 3/4 cup oats
- 3/4 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- Dash of salt
- Optional: Chocolate chips (No measurement here! Limiting the amount of chocolate chips you can use should be a crime! LOL)
Note: Truthfully, I only came up with the measurements for the recipe, but it is so easy you can pretty much eyeball the ingredients. It's pretty fool-proof. So feel free to add more or less of the ingredients according to your taste. I, of course, add more peanut butter than 1 tbsp! :)
- Mix together oats and vanilla almond milk in a bowl.
- Add maple syrup, cinnamon, peanut butter, salt and chocolate chips. Mix.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.