Tabasco Braised Chicken with Chickpeas
- 1 ½ lbs skinless chicken thighs
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsps canola oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 (15 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 oz) cans garbanzo beans
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp Tabasco
- ½ cup water
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Heat half of the oil over medium high heat in a large pot. Cook the chicken in two batches for 5-7 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove chicken from pot and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and, in the same pot, cook the onion for 4-5 minutes until tender. Add tomatoes with juice, garbanzo beans with juice, spinach, Tabasco and water. Stir and add chicken. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer, and cook for 25-30 minutes.
- I served mine over brown rice and with Sweet Fried Plantains. You pick what you want to serve it with! ;)