I like eating mine with an over-easy egg on top. ;)
Spicy Salmon Rice Bowl
- 1 cup of rice (I used Uncle Ben's brown rice so I also needed 2 tsp of salt and 1 tbsp of butter to cook it)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 (15.5 oz) can of black beans, drained
- 1 (14.75 oz) can of salmon (I used Bumble Bee Wild Alaska Pink Salmon)
- Optional: 1 over easy egg per serving
- Cook rice according to package directions. (For Uncle Ben's brown rice: mix 1 cup of rice, 2 cups of water, 2 tsp of salt and 1 tbsp of butter. Bring to a boil. Cover, set heat to low and cook for 20 minutes.)
- Heat olive oil in large deep pan in medium heat.
- Add onions and peppers and season with salt and pepper. Cook until softened and onions start turning light golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, garlic, cumin, oregano, paprika, cayenne pepper and lemon juice. Season with more salt and pepper and mix all together. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add beans and mix.
- Remove bones from salmon. Add salmon to the pan.
- Add rice to the pan and mix until all the ingredients are evenly distributed throughout the rice.
- Optional: Serve with over-easy egg on top.