Peanut Butter Banana Green Smoothie
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1 small ripe banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup instant oats
- 1 cup ice
- 1 tsp flaxseed meal (or more!; optional)
Note: To make flaxseed meal, buy flaxseed (in the spices section) and grind it into a powder in the blender or food processor. Store the rest so you can keep making delicious smoothies like this one! According to WebMd, flaxseed is a good source of Omega 3, antioxidants and fiber. It is also thought to reduce the risk of some types of cancer, cardiovascular diseases and lung diseases. So I think it's pretty worth it! Plus it doesn't affect the flavor.
Another note: Agave nectar is usually next to the sugar in the supermarket! :)
- Blend together vanilla almond milk, banana, spinach, oats, vanilla greek yogurt, peanut butter, agave, vanilla, flaxseed meal and ice. If it stops blending at a certain point move the mixture around with a spoon, while blender is on, to keep it going. Be very careful not to touch the moving blade with the spoon.
- Serve immediately. Nobody wants a warm smoothie! ;)
Linked to: Inspiration Mondays, Recipe Sharing Monday and Marvelous Mondays