Ok, this exquisite pizza doesn't need much justification, so that ridiculous argument works fine! :D On to the recipe!
Goat Cheese and Spinach Alfredo Pizza
Shout out to my friend Lauren Badía for coming up with the idea for this pizza!
- 2 tbsp butter
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk (I used 2%, but it can also be fat free)
- 2 tbsp 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 2 cups parmesan (grated or shredded)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 lbs pizza dough (I used store-bought)
- 1/4 cup onion, minced (yellow or white)
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 8 oz mozzarella. shredded
- Pre-heat oven to 400.
- Alfredo Sauce: Melt butter over medium-low heat. Once hot, add garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant. Whisk in flour and stir for 1 minute until well combined.
- Whisk in milk until mixture has no lumps. Once hot, stir in cream cheese until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Stir in parmesan, salt and pepper until the sauce is gooey and thick.
- Pizza: Flatten each ball of pizza on a pizza pan. Spread sauce evenly on pizza dough. Sprinkle onions and spinach evenly over sauce.
- Use your fingers to crumble the goat cheese evenly over the pizzas (2 oz for each pizza). Sprinkle the mozzarella.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese and crust start to become golden and cheese bubbles. Rotate pans in the oven half-way through to get even baking.
Linked to: What's Cooking Wednesday and Marvelous Mondays