- Since they're baked, they're healthier than fried taquitos, but still very crispy.
- They have CREAM CHEESE.
- I had like four people taste them and all of them reacted in an exaggeratedly positive manner.
- Did I mention they have cream cheese?
Crispy and Creamy Baked Chicken Taquitos
Yield: 9-10 taquitos
- 1/4 cup white onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp green onions, sliced¼
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 ¼ cups cheddar and monterey cheese, shredded
- 9 flour tortillas (I used whole wheat)
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- Optional: Sour cream mixed with Yucateco Chile Habanero Hot Sauce for serving (or just sour cream)
- Pre-heat oven to 425 and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray it with cooking spray.
- In a medium sauce pan, heat olive oil in high heat. Once oil is hot, cook onions, peppers and corn, with very little stirring, until they start to become brown and slightly charred, about 4 minutes.
- Heat cream cheese in the microwave for 20-30 seconds. In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, salsa, lime juice, cumin, chili powder and garlic powder.
- Mix in cilantro, green onions, black beans, onions, peppers and corn.
- Add shredded chicken and cheese and mix well.
- Work with one tortilla at a time. Heat it in the microwave for 15 seconds so that it doesn't break when you're rolling it. Place 2-3 tbsp of the taquito mixture in the lower 1/3 of the tortilla. Roll tightly and place seam side down on baking sheet. Repeat until you've used up the mix.
- Lightly spray the taquitos with cooking spray. Bake for 15-20 minutes until crispy and the edges turn golden brown.
- Serve with sour cream and hot sauce.
Linked to: Two Cup Tuesday and You're Gonna Love It